The Armory is a new section of your Smithy that allows you to display previously crafted Equipment to increase your Power and grant-specific combat Bonuses.
Equipment sets are displayed in the Armory as Collections. Displaying more pieces in Collections at higher levels and higher qualities will increase the overall effectiveness of the granted Bonuses, the Power awarded and the level of your Collection.
What is a Collection?
Collections are a set of specific Equipment that can be displayed in your Armory, such as the Braavosi Trader Collection or the Bolton Collection. You can access your Armory from the Smithy Menu. Tap on your Smithy to open your Crafting Window and select the new Armory option at the bottom of the screen below Equipment and Materials.
In the Armory Window you will see a list of Equipment sets that can be displayed as Collections. Equipment sets are listed in order of release, newest to oldest. To display Equipment in a Collection and unlock the Bonuses simply tap “Manage” and then select the slot you want to fill.
You will be taken to a window showing the Equipment available for that Collection. If you have the Equipment already crafted and in your inventory, it will be shown here. Tap “Display” on the piece of Equipment you would like to display and it will be added to your Collection.
If you do not have the Equipment already crafted and in your inventory, the screen will be blank. If you would like to craft or upgrade your Equipment you may tap “Go To” at the bottom of the screen to bring you to the Smithy Recipe window. Additionally, you may tap on the trophy icon to the left of the Collection name in the Armory Window to access the Smithy Recipes for that Collection.
To remove Equipment that is currently displayed in the Armory simply tap "Manage" and then tap on the piece of Equipment you would like to remove. You will be brought to the window showing all Equipment pieces of that type available to be displayed. The piece currently displayed will have a red "Remove" button located beneath the picture of the Equipment. Tap it to return the Equipment to your Smithy.
Collection Level and Bonuses
Collections can increase your Power and grant Bonuses, but require Equipment of certain qualities to be displayed to unlock them. Listed to the right of each Bonus are the requirements needed to unlock it. You will need to display Equipment that meets or exceeds those requirements to unlock each Bonus.
Below the image of each individual piece of Equipment in a Collection there is an empty space. Whenever a piece of Equipment is displayed that space will be colored to correspond to the quality of the piece of Equipment being displayed. The space will also display the level of the piece being displayed. While the level of the Equipment is not a requirement to unlock a Bonus, higher level Equipment will increase the Bonus granted and the overall Power awarded.
Updates to the Smithy
Equipment in your Smithy will now also show their Collection score value. This will allow you to make the best choices about which pieces to craft. The “Item Details” panel for individual pieces of Equipment will display the Collection score corresponding to each quality level of the Equipment.
Gear Templates are new Items that can be purchased in packs, as well as for gold in the Inventory Store, under the 'Special' tab. In crafting, Gear Templates take the place of Equipment pieces you would normally be required to consume to create another piece.
When in the middle of crafting, you can purchase Gear Templates from within the crafting recipe by tapping the consumed gear slot, and then selecting the gold Gear Template icon from the pop-up menu. It will automatically present Gear Templates at the correct level for the recipe you are trying to create, and you can choose through a variety of rarities.
Trinkets also have their own armory! Navigate to the Smithy within your city and tap Trinket Armory to view, add or remove Trinkets from these collections.
Functionally, the Trinket Armory is almost identical to the gear Armory- the biggest difference being that each Trinket Armory Collection contains three different trinkets.
Because new Trinkets are typically released monthly, this means that it is possible for a Trinket Armory Collection to appear before the second or third Trinkets have been released.
In this case ‘Coming Soon’ will be displayed on the other Trinket slots until they are released. You can still equip any currently available Trinkets for that collection in the meantime.
- The House Mormont Heirlooms Trinket Armory collection contains a unique Trinket, only available from Expeditions. Access the Vintner’s Goblet Expeditions through your city’s Maester’s Tower to acquire it.
- You may not display two of the same pieces of Equipment in a Collection, even if they differ in level and/or quality. If you add a different version of a piece already displayed, the currently displayed piece will be sent back to your inventory.
- Collection Bonuses function similarly to Equipment Bonuses and are applied when an action takes place and for the duration of that action. It is not recommended that you adjust your Collection in an attempt to apply Bonuses during an action.
For example: If you send a March against a Creature and switch your Collection after the March leaves your new Bonuses would not apply.
- When Resource Gathering the game will check your Collection Bonuses when your Troops leave for the Resource Node, when they arrive and again when they leave. If you switch Collections during Resource Gathering at any point there is a possibility that the amount of Resources your Troops will return with will differ from what was originally projected. (See also: My Gathering March returned with fewer Resources than expected)
- For more information on Bonuses granted by Equipment see: Equipment Bonuses