I'll just post it here because I already sent this to support and they didn't have anything helpful to answer my questions.
Pretty much the math is completely broken, and I really don't understand what is going on. The rewards are extremely small, per tier of completion. And even if you place in the top 5 of players in the event, the rewards are likewise extremely small. But generally I havent been able to get close to top 5 in 6 months because someone is outspending by a ton (thousands of dollars). I did the math and realized "that's stupid" and have stopped spending... here's another example
I have attached examples of a very high-level research, which is also very costly. Yet look at how few points are awarded for doing this research, compared to what is needed to complete the event?
rucking pace III lvl 15 to 16:
tier 16 of the event requires 560,000 points. So if this upgrade is about 8000 points, I'd have to do 70 upgrades. Some are more, some are less, so I'm using this as an average (its not like anything is more than 10k). Here you can see I did one upgrade that was cheap (probably from dragon tree). Mostly however I've progressed really far down each of the research trees, have 2-3 chains, etc. All that is left on any of them is super expensive.
This one upgrade costs 8201 scholarly fragments, 1822 pale steel shards, 404 red gold flakes, 67.8 million food and 67.8 million wood. The gold equivalent of this is approximately 428,000 gold. I point this out because I might have enough resources for 2-3 of these researches, but then I'll completely run out of materials. So if I was to attempt the event, it's going to cost gold one way or another. Nearly 30 million gold worth of research. Even with the greatest bundles in the shop where you could get 300,000 gold for $99.99... that is like $10,000??
Pretty much the math is completely broken, and I really don't understand what is going on. The rewards are extremely small per tier of completion. And even if you place in the top 5 of players in the event, the rewards are likewise extremely small. There was some more in this, can't fit all on screen at once, but it was just XP and some food.
- And at no point at all does the game reward any iron, and I'm completely out.
- And I'm stuck at keep 27 because the cost of upgrading my wall and keep buildings is absurdly high (I'd need like 3-4 packs to do that... for what, keep 28 and 29 are pointless stops along the way to keep 30 and tier 10 troops).
- And the xp rewards for any event are so small that I am stuck at character level 38 (like 14 of 17m),
- Don't have any hope of reaching lvl 40 and making lvl 40 gear.
So I guess I'm wondering if there's ever going to be
1. More generous rewards for events, like a decent payback on our investment?
2. More affordable events that would be possible to grind without spending thousands of dollars on gold?
3. Iron economy adjusted for players between keep 26-29 so we could maybe someday get to keep 30?
4. Readjust the curve of XP so I could someday get to lvl 40 gear without having to grind literally thousands of caravans?
I can't keep spending $99 for some tiny bundle of resources, but I really like the events, and like to progress in the game. But I can't given the current economy tuning on Kingdom 129 server.