I am a Keep 30 with all T10 troop buildings unlocked and an adult dragon, so it's fair to say my investment in this game is significant. This app has been terrible since November with constant lag, basic gameplay functions that do not work, causing you to lose resources and troops. I have enjoyed this app, but with the failure by WB to keep a decent product live, I wish to demand a refund for all purchases dating back to November 1, 2018.
Several issues encountered are but not limited to:
1. General Lag - Even if you restart your phone, update everything, clear your cache, ensure you have >2GB of free space on your phone, and ensure your phone is on the latest OS, you still encounter lag to the point the game is unplayable. I have routinely closed all apps and attempted to log in just to be met with a lagged login, followed by being unable to do anything for 5-10 minutes.
2. Hidden Market Rewards - Usually if these are available, there is an icon that appears. Not anymore, and even if you go in to claim them, it is very difficult to do so, as the option to claim the reward is greyed out. I'm definitely sure I have lost a day or two because of these issues.
3. Battle Reports Unavailable - GOTC is a combat game. How can you conduct any combat exercise with no external facing report from the game detailing what happened in the previous battle? I have had instances where it says that I won the battle, but when accessing the report, it says none of my troops lived. Frustrating.
4. Player Shields - Many situations have arisen because either a player had a shield up, but it was not visible in game, therefore posing as a hittable target. TONS of advanced ports were wasted on targets like these through no fault of the players.
5. Keep Resource Gathering (Food) - I have lost a ton of food because of random app crashes relating to lag or other issues. I have a stable mobile network connection as well as wifi. There is no reason for the random crashes. When these crashes happen, and you have over your protected level, you automatically lose all of the food you gathered that's over the cap. It's just gone, again due to no fault of the player.
6. General Instability - Sorry I'm picking on the crashing, but it really is a horrible problem to have in a REAL TIME STRATEGY game. So while I hop in game, get an alert or try to hit something myself, I have had issues hopping in rallies or simply attacking something due to a game crash. Needless to say, this ruins the moment of attack and the situation can never be replaced.
7. Crafting - That screen is so ridiculously laggy, it takes me roughly 5 minutes to craft a single item, mostly because the game is frozen on the crafting list.
8. March Bugs - I routinely have 12 march icons out there along with 12 dragons. I also have instances where my marches should have been returned, but the game insists my march is still out there, prompting me to need to restart again, just to have it crash a few seconds later.
9. Rally Issues - Often, when a player needs to be kicked from a rally, the rally bugs out and that slot can no longer be utilized by another player, even though the group is under the participant cap. Again, this leads to significant issues with timing and losing the element of surprise, ruining the game experience.
In summary, this game has gone down in quality by a tremendous amount, with too much effort being placed on cash-grabby, new features and not enough attention on fixing the core issues and ensuring the game is stable and able to accept said new features.
In not so many words, you've completely forgotten about the players, evidenced by the fact that most of these tickets go completely unanswered, or dealt with using a run-of-the-mill canned response. You have a passionate player base and every update that comes out and accomplishes nothing except further destabilizing the game is a slap in the face.
I ask that you contact me so we can discuss further.
Please sign in to leave a comment.