Adding my voice to the consensus that the update will kill this game even faster. It looks like a malicious attempt to kill off even more of the smaller player base and milk money from those who decide to stay. I speak from the
1. Reinforcement capacity is simply a bad idea. At least for old kingdoms, there are already enough players too strong to be rallied, so reinforcements don't matter for us anyway. Perhaps this can be implemented for other kingdoms, but it's plain stupid for the developed/beta servers.
2. Small players now have to buy shields or simply not play. There aren't enough SoPs to hold for active players of all the allegiances to hide their troops.
3. If people manage to reinforcement, they either have to still (a) bubble (b) march half an hour because SoPs aren't that close together. There will definitely be more losers than winners.
4. Keep 16-21 players are stuck in an awkward position. They used to be decent reinforcement help, but now, unless they're monstrosities of 22m+ power (in which case they've been building for way too long or probably spent enough money to get to keep 22 anyway), they can't hold a SoP. They'll have excess troops to have to bubble for or get 0ed. Even keep 21 can't really partake in rallies.
5. Heavies have to sit in SoPs to help smaller players. In that sense, it's a clever way to get SoPs to be occupied, but that forces advanced TPs from dozens of players every day. Money farming at it's most vile form
I personally invested in a large Westerlands pack to get to keep 19/20 to be of decent reinforcement and rally help. The first will be null and as the game progresses, the second will be too. I suggest anyone that disagrees and/or feels inclined to quit, ask for refunds the moment the update is allowed to be implemented. Money is the only that speaks to them, so I'll definitely be speaking in that language. Again, it screws the investments of most every keep 22> player.
P.s. Is there precedence for WB to hold off an update due to player feedback? Trying to prepare myself here. I expect generic feedbacks about "we'll take it into consideration" and whatnot, but they sounded pretty firm.
Please sign in to leave a comment.