The 2 complaints that I hear the most about this game are basically the same thing, but coming from different level players. The low level keeps are all frustrated and unhappy that they have to live inside a bubble constantly or never progress. The high level keeps are frustrated and unhappy because it’s becoming increasingly more difficult to find targets that aren’t bubbled but are still hittable. It all boils down to the shields.
I have an idea for an event that I think could breathe new life into the game while giving the little keeps a chance to drop shield, attack and rally. As well as bring the big keeps to an even playing field, without them giving up everything they spent money on.
The “No Bubble Battlefield”
A monthly event. My Kingdom is K111 so I’ll use that as an example.
At the start of the 3 day event, all keeps are teleported to a modified version of the world “BF111” (Battlefield 111). During this time, all SOPs on K111 will be locked and keep shield timers as well as second builders/maesters will be paused. All SOPs on BF111 will be open.
In Battlefields, the following will differ from your regular Kingdom;
- Any keep over 15M power will have their power capped at 15M while in the Battlefield. Your best Tier troops will fill that 15M. If you have T10 comprised of 70% cavalry, 20% infantry and 10% ranged, you will arrive with the same ratio. If you do not have enough T10s to fill 15M, then the rest will be filled with your T9s in whatever ratio you own, then T8s etc... Any keep under 15M power will bring their entire army.
- Your inventory (including all bubbles, boosts, teleports, speed-ups, stamina etc.), RSS and Gold will all be left behind on your Kingdom. Unchanged and waiting for your return.
- When you arrive on your Battlefield you will be gifted 10 advanced teleports and 5 random teleports.
- No troop training or researching permitted (goes without saying as you have nothing to spend)
- Healing costs NO RSS but still takes time.
- When your keep wall is sieged to 0%, you are removed from the Battlefield and teleported back to your Kingdom.
- There will be an option to forfeit your place in the event and return to your Kingdom at any time.
- All Creatures and RSS/Gold plots will be removed from the map.
- An “enemy radar” will be added to direct you to the nearest non-friendly keep. Hiding is not an option (The idea here is “last man standing wins”)
- Rallies and reinforcing will remain unchanged.
When the event ends, all players will be returned to their kingdom, wounded troops automatically healed and dead troops restored. As they were before they entered. Power unchanged and keep shield timers as well as second builders/maesters will unpause. Any port collections, allegiance gifts, daily/cumulative awards and keep farms, mines etc. that were gathered during the event will be added to your RSS/inventory.
At this point the allegiance with the most power - total amongst all surviving keeps will be added to each SOP star (Each star will be considered 1M power) - will win 1st place and receive an allegiance award. I would expect a very nice reward to encourage participation
Now for WB - I know how the world turns. It’s all about the $$$ and I can’t blame you for it. I would suggest you sell “Battlefield packs” for your standard amounts. This would give the “pay to win” players a bit of an edge, as they should rightfully get, but still keep them within the rules of the event.
The biggest pack could include an item that increases your maximum power cap from 15M to 20M, as well as all the stuff in the smaller ones.
The smaller packs could include ‘march recall’s or march size boosts of various sizes. Health/attack/defense boosts. That sorta thing.
Just for the love of bacon don’t put any shields in the packs. The whole idea here is that everyone is forced to participate and everyone is killable. Then, when it’s over we go back to giving you money for shields.
You could create a whole new gear set with bonuses that are only active in the Battlefields and sell versions of that gear and the items required to craft it.
- For bonus points have these tournaments combine several kingdoms into one Battlefield
I look forward to some suggestions/corrections to the rules to help keep things fair. I may have overlooked something and if you point it out I can edit the post.
‘Hold My Beer’
Please sign in to leave a comment.