When KvK events first launched in May 2020, we ran a successful Q&A with one of our lead designers. We heard so much great feedback from you, but one of the loudest asks was to add the ability to take back lost Seats of Power, or hold Seats of Power on invaded kingdoms.
We set to work on this request right away, and we are excited to announce that over the August 7th Lord of Light PvP weekend, select kingdoms will get a chance to preview these new SOP Takeover mechanics! Look for a notice in your Message Center today if you are one of these kingdoms.
This is just one of a suite of features, reward adjustments, and scheduling variation that we will be implementing based on your feedback!
We will share more information as we get closer to putting all these pieces together, but in the meantime thank you so much for the constant feedback!
August 7th Lord Of Light + KvK
The following information applies to kingdoms 590 vs 591 and 592 vs 593. All other kingdoms will not have KvK this weekend. Check your events panel for more info!
While the Across the Narrow Sea event is active, you can teleport to another kingdom to battle for supremacy. However, unlike previous KvK events, you WILL be able to hold Seats of Power on invaded kingdoms and take Seats back from invaders on your home kingdom.
- Lord of Light PvP will run as usual from Saturday to Sunday.
- Across the Narrow Sea will start mid-day Saturday and run for 24 hours, during which KvK Event Teleports will be enabled.
- If you successfully take a Seat of Power on an invaded kingdom, you will be labeled Usurper, but SOP title buffs will work as normal.
- At the end of the Across the Narrow Sea event, players will be sent to their home kingdoms and usurped Seats of Power will be returned to NPC control.
- Friendly fire rules still apply- you cannot battle members of your own kingdom while the Across the Narrow Sea event is active.
- Your Upcoming Events section and Lord of Light event in-game will be updated Wednesday, August 5th
- You can read more about KvK mechanics in this guide! (Note: the 8/7 events are not running with Rebellion or any off-schedule SOP unlocks.)
This was one of the most requested changes to the KvK format that we heard from players after we launched our first Invasion event in May and we're so excited to start sharing what we've been working on.
Let us know what you think over on the official Game of Thrones: Conquest Discord! discord.gg/gotconquest
Blessings of R’hllor and good fortune in the battles to come!