Driven mad with cold and hunger, a faction of the Night's Watch has overthrown the Lord Commander and claimed Castle Black as their personal holdfast. For the sake of the realm, you must restore sanity!
We’re closing out the month of March with updates to the Night’s Watch Mutiny event format. Keep reading to learn about the new rounds and added ways to earn points and contribute to your team!
Night’s Watch Mutiny (Event buffs: +25% March Speed to Join Rally, +25% March Speed vs. Seats of Power)
- Sword in the Darkness - Earn points for training troops!
- Battle in the Gift - Earn points for PvP, gathering at Strategic Terrain, and sending Strategic Maneuver gifts! Be on the lookout for event recipes that use Battlefield Salvage and Strategic Advantage to help you on the battlefield.
- War for the Wall - Earn points by collecting Shipments from your Great Hall while holding an Event-Limited Seat of Power or an associated title (Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, the Shadow Tower, the Nightfort, or Castle Black.)
- Hour of the Wolf (Rounds I - VI) - Keep an eye on these events to know when seats will lock/unlock throughout each round!
Night’s Watch Mutiny is an Event-Limited Seat of Power event. In this update, you choose whether to lead the charge on the battlefield from The Wall, or support your allies on the front lines by gathering and sending supplies.
Surround the mutineers!
Send troops to occupy the Gift. Cut off the road to Eastwatch and set ambushes in Mole's Town. The Wall is only fortified on the northern side; if you control the south, the mutineers can either fight from a weak position or flee into the frozen wastes.
The first way to earn points in the Battle in the Gift is through PvP. Lead your troops north and take back the Night’s Watch Seats of Power along the wall. Any troops you defeat while attacking or defending will earn you points in this event.
Prepare for a frigid battle!
The mutineers have one advantage: the Night's Watch knows cold and darkness even better than the armies of Winterfell. Your troops will need training to hold fast when Northern winds freeze their fingers closed around their swords.
The second way to compete in the Battle in the Gift is to seek out Strategic Terrain nodes throughout the map. Gathered Battlefield Salvage can be used to craft Strategic Maneuver Gifts via Inventory Recipes. The bonus for completely clearing any Strategic Terrain node will also grant you Strategic Maneuvers.
Sending Strategic Maneuver Gifts to allies is the third and final way to earn points in the Battle in the Gift event!
When you receive a Strategic Maneuver gift from an ally, a chest will be added to your inventory. Open these chests to collect Strategic Advantage, a new recipe ingredient that can be used to craft powerful boosts from your Inventory Recipes panel.
The instant boost recipes you craft during this event will give you advantages against one of the 4 Event-Limited Seats of Power. These boosts all include increases to Attack, Health and Defense bonuses of varying degrees, with the highest increase boost also including +1 Rally Slots vs. the specified Seat of Power.
These boosts play a vital role in turning the tides of war in your favor and should not be ignored! Your entire Allegiance must band together to support your strongest fighters if you are to reclaim the Wall.
Restore sanity to the Night's Watch!
The mutineers are trapped in an unfortified castle with low morale and dwindling supplies. Your allies have given you every possible advantage in this fight. Now is the time to strike!
There are 6 rounds throughout the event, each consisting of 3 hours wherein Event-Limited Seats of Power will lock and unlock. Look to the Hour of the Wolf events in the Events panel and in Upcoming to plan out your next attack.
- Shadow Tower and Eastwatch unlock at round start
- The Nightfort unlocks 30m after round start
- Castle Black unlocks 1h after round start
- All castles lock 2h after round start, seat-holders have another 1h to claim Shipments safely
- All seat-holders are evicted at the end of each round (6 rounds in total)
During a round, if your allegiance manages to hold on to one of the 4 event-limited Seats of Power until it locks, you will be able to remain there uncontested and continue to claim Shipments until the round ends. Claiming Shipments earns you points in the War for the Wall event.
All seat-holders are evicted when the round ends and the seats locked until the next round starts.
And now my watch has ended...
Remember the leaders of the Top 3 performing Allegiances in War for the Wall will receive special Allegiance Leader Gifts, which they can choose to send to Allegiance members who really pulled their weight in this event! (Allegiance leaders who place lower will still receive a message letting them know who their top contributors were but will not receive a gift.)
In addition to the changes outlined above,
- Shipment values have changed; see the event panel for the number of points awarded by holding each Event-Limited Seat of Power.
- Event-Limited Seats of Power titles have been reworked. Bonuses that help you take other seats along the wall have been removed from titles and added as region bonuses near the wall so your entire allegiance can benefit (e.g. Holding Shadow Tower helps everyone in your allegiance who is near the wall to take The Nightfort)
- General Event-Limited Seat of Power rules still apply. For example, ‘Attacker vs. # Star’ boosts or titles do not apply to the seats along The Wall.
- Remember that all Night's Watch Seats of Power are located in The Gift region of the combat map! You can quickly navigate to the region view by tapping the war table map icon (to the right of the combat map astrolabe in the bottom left) and from there tap on the seat icon on the bottom right.
We hope you enjoy these changes to the format! This redesign was made in response to feedback we heard last time that there should be more for players who were not holding Seats to do, and a desire for more opportunities to take these special seats.
Check it out and let us know what you think!