What are World Bosses?
World Bosses are a unique class of resurrecting enemies that provide a greater challenge (and reward!) as they level up. In this guide, we will focus on the first world boss: The Night King.
- The Night King will appear south of Winterfell
- The Night King is a Rally-only enemy
- World Bosses resurrect 1 level stronger each time their health bar is fully depleted - see how high a level you can defeat!
- There will be 3 phases of this event. The Night King will spawn back at level 1 at the beginning of each phase- find the timing of the start and end of each phase in the Event Panel.
- Vulnerable to ‘vs Dead’ and ‘vs World Boss’ stat buffs. Utilize your Instant Boosts!
- It does not consume Stamina to attack a World Boss
- World Bosses utilize a brand new Milestone event system (based on your highest level victory) as well as a traditional leaderboard (Points per victory) to earn rewards.
Every victory you earn against a World Boss will lower their health bar, similar to Elite Creature combat.
When a Boss’ health reaches 0, it will resurrect with full health, one level stronger. The higher the World Boss’ level, the more points and rewards you can earn for victories!
Note: The number of victories required to fully deplete a boss’ health bar can increase as the boss levels up.
The Night King is a Rally creature, meaning you cannot face him alone. Your Allegiance must work together to earn victories against this enemy, and teamwork is essential for success at higher levels.
When you tap on the Night King on the combat map, you'll see several badges that indicate his weakness, rewards and any other important details.
Note: The Night King is vulnerable to ‘Vs. Dead’ and ‘Vs World Boss’ boosts, which you can use to your advantage. In particular, you will be able to claim Instant Boosts from certain event reward tiers, or by purchasing them in the store.
There is no keep level restriction for World Bosses, meaning you could join a rally against the level 15 Night King even if you are only Keep level 10.
Keep in mind that a World Boss could level up before your Rally arrives if other players are attacking it at the same time, and level-ups can happen very quickly at lower levels. Tapping the world boss will display its current health, which will decrease in real time as other players hit it.
Note: Once its health bar is fully depleted, you will need to back out and tap back in if you would like to see info for the new level.
There is no stamina cost associated with attacking a World Boss. If you feel your forces are not strong enough to defeat the World Boss, the Rally Leader can cancel the Rally before it leaves with no penalty. In some cases, a Rally Leader can also recall the Rally after it has begun marching, but be aware that battle is inevitable once a Rally gets too close to its target. If you are already too close when attempting to use a Rally Recall, you will receive an error message indicating that your retreat was unsuccessful.
The Long Night - Phases
The Night King will spawn 3 times throughout the course of the Fight for the Dawn milestone event, giving you several chances for your team to defeat earlier levels of the boss.
All 3 of these phases will appear in the Event Panel as additional events with timers. Phases that have not begun will appear under the Upcoming section of the event panel to let you know exactly when the Night King will be spawning again.
At the beginning of each phase, the Night King will spawn in the same location at level 1, regardless of what level he may have reached in previous phases. At the end of each phase, the Night King will disappear from the combat map and there will be a short cooldown period before the next phase.
The Night King will drop random rewards for every rally victory you participate in. Potential rewards will improve with the boss’ level, which you can preview by tapping the Night King on the combat map, and then tapping on the Night King Rewards badge.
Note: Drops are randomized. There is no difference in potential drops whether you deal the first or the final blow at each level. The current boss level is the only factor that affects potential drops.
After each victory, a preview of the rewards delivered will appear at the top of the screen. You can see a full break down of what you received by navigating to the battle report in your Message Center and scrolling down to the rewards.
Rewards - Milestone Events
In addition to drops, there will also be event rewards you can earn!
World Bosses uses a brand new Milestone system to track event progress!
- Earn Milestone rewards based on the highest level of the boss you have earned a victory against
- Rewards are cumulative, so being victorious at a higher level will reward you for any unclaimed milestone rewards for previous levels. The event menu includes a calculator for preview multi-level rewards.
- While you can only claim a milestone once, you can still get leaderboard points for every victory you earn, even at levels you’ve previously defeated!
- Remember: The milestone event is not tied to the Night King’s 3 phases, so your progress will carry over even after the Night King respawns.
Article is closed for comments.